Library Trustees Meeting
August 4, 2009
William Roberts, Secretary
Wendy Rowe, Chair
Cindy Dobrzynski (Chairman Franklin Board of Library Directors)
Felicia Oti, Director
Margaret Perkins, Assistant to Director
- Approval of agenda
Motion to approve agenda: CB1, WLR2, passed unanimously
- Secretary's report (July 7)
Motion to approve minutes: CB1, ED2, 3 aye, WLR abstained
- Citizens Speak
- Budget Report
The minuteman bill will be the same as last year
- Acting Director's Report
- Medway patrons are now borrowing books in Franklin without
- Some issues with cleaning. Mostly getting comfortable with what's needed
and doing the work quickly enough.
- Cindy, the Chair of the Franklin Library Board spoke
- Emphasized that we need to work together. If we do something
that may affect them, they need to be warned ahead of time, our appointing
a liason is an example.
- Emphasized that we have a chance to do something good and exciting
for the communities.
- Emphasized the need for a positive attitude
- We have posted a list of the things Medway patrons can and can't do vis-a-vis
- Felicia would like to handle Franklin complaints at Franklin. We should
be sure to tell her of problems
- Felicia, Cindy & Wendy are going to work together to come up
with a regionalization plan over the course of the year. It will focus on
Medway and Franklin but also consider the region more generally. The
goal is to keep the planning process simple and focused.
- There was talk of a one book two towns event. Franklin has been
successful with their one book one town efforts. Felicia would like
to contact the various book clubs in Medway to help this along.
- Book donation / bookplate policy clarification?
Franklin has standard book plates and they don't guarantee that they'll
add the donated books to the collection. They also make it clear that they
prefer donations of money which can purchase materials that are needed and
which will circulate.
We can review their policy at the next meeting and look towards adopting
There was the suggestion of adding an explanation of our donation
policy to our website
Next Meeting Sept 1 2009
- Nov/Dec B&N fundraiser; Martha Matsuda to coordinate
- Odd Fellows roast beef dinner
- Middlesex Savings Bank will donate the Roger Williams Zoo &
Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum passes.
As the Roger Williams pass works on a calendar year,
we will wait until January to start it.
The Gardner pass will be available soon.
Motion to adjourn (8:05), ED1, WLR2, passed unanimously