Library Trustees Meeting
April 3, 2007
MaryAnn Cabibbo, Vice Chairman
William Roberts, Secretary
Wendy Rowe, Chairman
- Approval of agenda
Motion to approve agenda: MAC1, MJ2, passed unanimously
- Secretary's report (Mar 6)
Motion to approve minutes with date change: MAC1, WLR2, passed unanimously
- Citizens Speak
- Budget Report
Acting Director's Report
- FinCom's waiting til House budget April 11
- "Restitution" account numbers now in service
- Tuchinsky interest account number ready for use (need in May)
- WE HAVE ACCOUNT BALANCES! Tuchinsky interest $27,435.98 on 2/28/07
- ATM Meeting Room and Copier/Printer articles submitted
- Library is wireless; ready for prime time?
- trying to get Library on Town email list (still trying)
- Working on Feb reconciliation due 3/28; first time on any but General
- Regional ILL / BPL circ worked but is time-consuming all around
- Submitted pared-down magazine subs; mags now $2K ours, $350 donations
(newspapers/periodicals/mags were 10% of $70K, now 13% of $24K)
- Owe thank-you letters to bookfair performers
- School's cleaner Rob doesn't always make it here (2hr/wk is the hope)
- March book purchases just $400 (not $2000) because of magazine bill;
adding significant quantities of good donated books and some DVDs
- Picked up bags of new donations from WDIS radio Norfolk
- Communicated with School Superintendent about school summer reading lists
New Business & Fundraising
- May Town Election: Bill Roberts & Elliott Edwards, unopposed for our seats)
- Lions club will put up their plaques inside between Cole Room entrances
- Teen Tech Week didn't get much input but teen site's on our webpage
- Storytime (donated) - Mon 4/9 is last day of this session, ~12 kids
- DST change went OK
Next Meeting: SECOND TUES in May, Tues May 8 2007 7pm
- Book Fair March 9-23 made over $2K! Thank you, Meena!!
- Photographer Beth Hoffer's April-Mother'sDay exhibit (30% of sales to us)
- Friends Book Sale (& bake sale, baskets, Beth's photographs) Sat May 5
- Sun May 6 2pm Holocaust Remembrance program (free talk & book signing)
Journalist/author Susie Davidson "I Refused To Die" with local Chan Rogers
- Medway Pride Day? Sat May 19 10A-6P Middle School (field)
- DVD tree, magazine tree
- Chuck's report
Oddfellows will do a dinner for the library evening of May 5 (same
day as the book sale). They donate the food and volunteers.
In the future do an auction, silent or otherwise, same
evening. Suggestion of doing this in September or October.
Could use the Lion's auction list
- Ink/Toner cartridge returns
- Gotbooks.com ?
- Silent Auction, art sales, basket sales
- Oddfellows (Bob Walsh) supper?
- Sept ice cream social?
- Mystery dinner show?
- Other ideas and volunteers?
June will be our regular first Tues of the month, Tues June 5 7pm
Motion to adjourn (8:50), WLR1, CR2, passed unanimously